Simple is More

1.14.2010

Are you one of those who stalks their own pictures? I am. In my last stalking adventure, I came across my prom pictures. Prom. Oh how overrated you were. Pictures with the many people I do not even speak to anymore, outrageous expenses and semi-yummy food. There is one thing I at least enjoyed: my dress.


Originally a bridesmaid dress ($150), I spiced up the otherwise overly simple dress into a classic piece from the ivi-mo clothing line. My mom hated it. She felt, as prom is a one time experience, I should be decked out in sequins, glitter, and cleavage/abdominal cut-outs, but that's just not me. Its simplicity and deep, rich color enamoured my senses. I played it up with leopard print on the ribbon, corsage, and my partner's handkerchief (my favorite pattern of all time).





0 comments: