Triumphant Book Bargains

12.28.2009

I just saved $210 in textbooks. And boy, it feels GREAT. I beat the system or at least I'd like to think so. Extra money fills my pockets for other business ventures.


Barnes & Noble is a conspiracy. It purposely lists books of brand new editions i.e. 2010 with publishers that are difficult to find. But with the help of three saviors, I find the textbooks at least 80% cheaper:

Chegg, a book-rental company, allows you to rent books for an entire semester for significantly cheaper prices. This past semester, I rented a $90 for $40. Friendly reminders are given towards the end of the semester/due date of the book to avoid fee charges. Sending the book back is FREE: the shipping label is available online and is also sent with the book.

I love to use half.com for older books (early 1990s and older). I frequently find these books at a selling price for $.75. Even though shipping handling adds another $2.99-3.99, that's still $4-5 for a book. Wowza!


If you don't know where to start or cannot find your book, Dealoz compiles all sites that sell the book and does it in a manner where you can compare prices. Easy-peasy!

Happy text-book shopping!



1 comments:

bonbon blogblogs said...

your blog is pretty. i'm still figuring this out. and how do i follow you?!?