So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

1.07.2010

I may love fresh apples, fresh hair-do's, and fresh coffee, but nothing, I mean nothing, beats FRESH SCHOOL SUPPLIES. The immaculate smell of an unused notebook infiltrates my senses and turns on the 'Ready to Hustle' button. The clean, polished pages are ready, too. Never before have they been so prepared to learn about Latin-American politics, communication writing, oral presentations or Hispanic literature. After the first month or so, the notebook will begin to age, but only out of love. We will be attached at the shoulder, following me everywhere in my book bag. It's going to support me in my studying, accompany me in the library, and entertain me (i.e., doodling) when I'm bored. Our relationship will only last 13 weeks, but it will be 13 weeks of mental sweat, hand cramps and hard work.


Pens, necessary tools to transcribe notes, are not as favorited as the dear notebook. They always leave me, cheating on me with any person that picks them up. Skanks. And out of a pack of 12, two or few tend to not work on me--immediately deciding on first contact that we are not meant to be. But that's alright, I have replacements (dozens of them). I must admit, however, that the best pens--the ones that glide like angels across college-ruled pages--are the ones I steal, borrow, and pick up for myself. Don't judge me.

Lastly, I cannot forget about the folder. Its short life-span is unfortunate. Unless a plastic one is purchased, paper folders crinkle, tear, and bend at nobody's mercy. Too much high maintenance for me, but its existence is necessary anyway to keep my graded assignments, syllabi and love letters organized in one place.

Nonetheless, fresh school supplies make me happy. I feel at peace inside office supply closets, giddy in the Target school supply aisles, and in heaven at Staples.

P.S. I CANNOT FORGET MY LOVE FOR STICKY NOTES. But I'll save that for another day.

2 comments:

bonbon blogblogs said...

NERD.

hahhah i stole a pen from a waitress at cheesecake factory the other night. too true about the best ones being stolen ones, but it's all about quality over quantity. and which latin american politics class are you taking??!! i'm taking intro to latin american politics w/ palmer. sound familar?!

<3bonn

Phoebe said...

i love the crispness of everything thats new.